We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will lead, empower, challenge, and coach Software Engineers. Due to rapid growth in the past years you will be instrumental in creating a healthy Development culture and support product and project related objectives. The teams work according to Agile and Scrum principles in two weeks sprints.
Sensys Gatso Software’s products are deployed globally through subsidiaries. In this role you will also participate in planning and strategy meetings to support future growth.
As the Software Engineering Manager, you will be part of the management team of Sensys Gatso Software and report directly to the General Manager. For technical guidance and input you will closely work together with the group CTO. You will find yourself in a product driven organization with the product managers also being part of the same management team.
The company is located in Amsterdam, where teams meetup at least 2 days a week. The teams come in on various days. The Engineering Manager is expected to have meetings at the office with the teams to build the Engineering culture.
What You'll Do
- Directly manage the Software engineers who are organized in teams around the products
- Deliver on our OKRs and roadmaps, in partnership with our Product Managers
- Drive quality initiatives and develop an engineering metrics program with DORA metrics & LinearB
- Foster a culture of inclusion and healthy engineering practices with in person interaction and regular 1:1s to support and guide employees
- Build a development plan together with the employees and conduct mid-year and year-end reviews together with the Chapter leads
- Recruitment, onboarding and retention
- Benchmark, measure, and communicate the impact of your team’s work to any stakeholder.
Qualifications and skills
- Experience in managing Software Engineers and leading multiple engineering teams
- Excellent leadership and relationship-building skills
- Fully proficient in using English in business communication
- Interest in modern software development leadership and product driven development
- Experience working with agile product development and teams adhering to the SCRUM methodology
- Expect a rewarding and high paced environment, we expect you and others to deliver amazing results
- A company with a tangible purpose
- Competitive salary
- Bonus structure
- Hybrid working
- An environment that empowers all employees
- Regular fun activities with your colleagues
- An international working environment
At Sensys Gatso we value diversity and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, irrespective of their background, gender or any other trait.